Beer History Tours
Thursday at 4pm, Friday thru Sunday at 12, 1, & 2pm - No Reservations Necessary
Signed tours for the Deaf are available on the 1st Friday of every month at 2pm
Cost: $8.00 per person, $6.00 (Military Personnel), Kids 12 & under free
Large Private Group Tours are available year round, 7 days a week.
"Tours on Time, no matter the weather!"
To really experience Old World Charm and Hospitality at its finest, you need to take a beer history tour at Best
Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee. No reservations are needed. For a small fee, enjoy a historical guided tour that takes you
back to 1844 when Best & Company was born to present day. Tour fee includes a 16 oz. Pabst or Schlitz tap or non-alcoholic beverage of your
**All ages tour. Must be 21 with valid id or under supervision of a legal parent or guardian to sample beer.
While walk-up tours are Thursday at 4pm, Friday thru Sunday at 12, 1, & 2pm, private and large group tours are available year round & signed tours for the deaf are available on the 1st Friday of every month at 2pm. We can also host tours that include meals and/or entertainment. If you are planning on bringing in a large group please, fill out this form or call 414-630-1609 so we can best accommodate your needs.
This is the Best Place "Beer History Tour". Relive the early years when Pabst was Best. The "Best" tour starts with a free PBR, Schiltz, or a root beer.
Enjoy retro beer commercials and then your unique experience continues as you take your first step into the Captainís Courtyard where you can take a picture with Steamboat Captain Frederick Pabst. From there you'll move into the Guest Center (Sternewirt) where the tours originally started and ended when the brewery was still running.
We do not tour the entire Brewery, but no one is disappointed with the "Best Tour."
You do see Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery. The "Best" buildings are the former Pabst Corporate Offices, including Captain Pabst's old office, the Board Room, the Gift Shop (a unique gift shop with all kinds of Pabst, Schlitz and classic Milwaukee Beer schwag), Blue Ribbon Hall and much more.
No tour is complete without the inspirational story of passion, patience and persistence parlayed into the purchase of the Pabst! Learn how the current owners acquired Best Place and their future plans of thoughtful preservation and adaptive reuse of these iconic buildings.
The tour finale gives you an update on how the rest of the Pabst Brewery is unfolding and the latest on PBR Beer.
After the tour, hang out with your old and new friends, soak up more of the Best Place atmosphere, and experience true German "Gemuetlichkeit!
▪ "In a city like Milwaukee where the history of brewing is evident on every street corner, you won't find a better place to celebrate that heritage than the Best Place. My wife arranged a tour for my 30th birthday and Jim did not disappoint. The tour provided information from the early days of the brewery to the story behind its present day ownership. The nooks and crannies of the building provide ample space to sit and chat with friends even at the bar's busiest." ...Jeremy L. - Milwaukee, WI.
▪ "Best part of the Weekend! This place is truly a hidden treasure. The gift shop is overwhelming and the tour so worth the low $8 price. With that $8 you get a history lesson, a tour of part of the former offices and a free beer. The tour was run by the owner, who was so knowledgeable it blew my mind. We were so impressed by the place and the service we spent the day there talking to newcomers and the staff." ...Jenn - St. Charles, IL.
▪ "If you ever had an interest in history, and want to hear a great story of preservation. Go to Best Place in Milwaukee. Not only can you have a few beers during the tour, you learn and get entertained.." ...Zach J. - Scandia, MN.
PABST & PABST TOUR
Make it a Pabst history day! Tour Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery and the Pabst Mansion for one low price. The Pabst Mansion, on the National Registry of Historic Homes, is 20,000 square feet of elaborately handcrafted woodwork, original wall coverings and furnishings, leaded glass, important 19th century art work and a great docent led story. The Pabst & Pabst Tour will be a lasting memory for your groups. Book this tour by calling our Chief Steward & Historic Tour Guide at 414-630-1609. The cost is $14.00 each for 15 or more persons. Click here for a downloadable brochure (.pdf).
Other than the Pabst & Pabst tour in the true spirit of the Best and Pabst families, we can create a customized tour to include one or more of the following historical sites in the Milwaukee area.
▪ Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
▪ Captain Frederick Pabstís Mansion
▪ Pabst Theater
▪ Milwaukee County Historical Society (the original Brewerís Bank co-founded by Phillip Best)
▪ Forest Home Cemetery where all the great Beer Barron's are buried
There is one-hour street parking in front of our buildings on Juneau Avenue, or metered parking on 8th Street and 10th Street. Alternatively, the parking structure across the street offers parking at $0.75/hour. Street parking is free all day Sundays.
|Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery|
Beer History Tours ▪ Banquet Halls ▪ Vintage Gift Shop ▪ Historic Tavern
901 W. Juneau Ave. ▪ www.bestplacemilwaukee.com ▪ 414-630-1609
Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery, the former Pabst Corporate Offices & Visitorís Center, is a Certified